Lara Rosenberg is one of my favorite yoga teachers. Her intricate sequences have a way of turning on my body and turning off my mind. The result: I leave class with a full body workout and a clear head. Lara is also an all-round spiritual gal who has spent time all over the world, from Tulum Mexico to Sri Lanka, building her yoga practice and expanding her horizons. Here, she divulges her six-part detox for spring. It’s simple, straightforward and won’t break the bank:
1. Drink hot water with lemon or lime first thing in the morning and throughout the day.
2. Oil pulling for 15-20 minutes each morning. This is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that draws the toxins out of the body. I use sesame oil – just swirl about a tablespoon around in your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes, spit and rinse.
3. Scrub my body with a loofah and Dr. Bronner’s soap. This sloughs off the dead skin cells and gets the circulation going.
4. Drink matcha tea instead of other caffeinated beverages. It’s full of amino acids and a mini dose of caffeine for an instant boost. Breakaway Matcha is my favorite. http://www.breakawaymatcha.com/
5. Continue to eat an organic (as possible) clean diet with little to no diary or gluten. I’m also upping my intake of cruciferous veggies this month.
6. Before bed drink some water, rub sesame oil on my feet and the crown of my head. This is another Ayurvedic treatment to balance the body.
~Lara Rosenberg, Addiction Recovery Specialist for Families & Individuals, a Consultant with Integrative Life Center and Spirit Recovery, Personal Development Guide, Yoga Instructor at Metta Yoga
[Psst: I share Lara's sentiments... detoxing doesn’t have to be expensive. I gave up Diet Coke so I’m actually saving money (wohoo!). Day 3 without the diet stuff and still going strong!]
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THE SPRING DETOX WEEK TWITTER CONTEST!!!!!!!
The prize: A 5-day Pressed Juice Cleanse from Kaleidoscope Juice including 25 Organic Cold Pressed Organic Juices, 5 Turmeric Detox Flushes and 1 Raw Almond Milk (retails for $300).
How To Enter
*Follow me on Twitter @AZFoothillsFit
*RT this message: I just entered to win a juice cleanse from @kaleidoscopejuc and @AZFoothillsFit http://arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/fitness/enter-to-win/spring-detox-week-win-a-5-day-juice-cleanse/ #JUICINGROCKS
*Deadline: Sunday March 10, 2013. The winner will be selected at random on Monday March 11, 2011 and notified via twitter!